Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Distilled Poetry Challenge

At the moment, I am working on a book that is a collection of my paranormal/spiritual/really strange shit that's happened throughout my life. It's not that I want to write about this stuff, as I am wanting to move into a new phase of my life, but these are stories that I cannot let die inside me. They need to be shared. I need to release them. But in the meantime, some of these stories take me to places within myself that I am not comfortable with. And when that happens, I start to drag my pen across the page, draw pretty flowers and procrastinate. So I have found a way to help me get through those moments. As a writer, poetry is the voice that makes my heart sing. On one of the Face Book pages that I follow, a person posts really cool photos that seem to call out to me and so I feel compelled to write a few lines. I am now making this my personal distilled poetry & prose challenge. I am keeping them simple, because, well, I have other writing to do. :o)




Picture #1

Thoughts and intentions crumbled to the floor. As the bottle hit the ground, she whispered "I cannot take it anymore."

Photo credit: Angela Larson

No comments: