Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Mending

I hope everyone’s January is off to a decent start. When the first of the year rolls in, I actually slow right down. I don’t see the sense in rushing. There always seems to be a lull in the energy for the first two weeks of January and this year seemed no different. Astrology wise speaking, the energy flow doesn’t really pick up until the third week of the month anyways. And honestly that works fine by me. I love this quiet time after the bustling holidays are over when the kids go back to school and the frozen weather makes us adults want to hibernate.  I take this time to contemplate life at a deeper level. To review the last year and what changes I would make. And then I think about what direction I would like to move towards. This Capricorn influence is great for being strategic and focused. And I would like to think that I have used this time wisely with great strides forward. 

One of the powerful thoughts that I have been churning over and over for the past few months, “let go of what no longer works for you”, has had me stumped. It isn’t like I had no idea of what wasn’t working for me, it just seemed like there was too much that wasn’t working for me. Lol  And I didn’t know how to narrow it down. 

It wasn’t until very recently that I fully understood what it was that I needed to let go of. It wasn’t something from the outside world. It was something rooted in the world within me. It is incredibly simple and yet an exhausting task to fully complete. My discovery led me to this mantra. “My suffering no longer serves me.”  Seems simple right? Yeah well to put it into material form it is like a file system with thousands of stories within it. But our inner intuition and spirit is quite incredible. For this past year I have been slowly but surely deleting the emotional connections to each story. And it wasn’t until recently that I saw the big picture in this. 

This morning as I sat in contemplation of this thought, “my suffering no longer serves me”, I pulled a card from the Wisdom of the Oracle deck. It was card 52...MENDING...Forgiveness, Healing, Making Amends. It says, “Each time we are hurt and allow the hurt to pass through us without understanding and integration, we accumulate an unwanted burden. This keeps us chained to the very things we need to heal: the pain, the memories, the echos of resentment, and the arguments that we rehearse over and over. Now is the time for mending rifts, healing wounds, and letting go of the old hurts in order to claim your power. Set yourself free. 

How beautiful is that. Of course this doesn’t mean to go up to all the people of your past, but rather to let go of it within you. And it isn’t always about the people. It can be circumstances such as the environment from which you were raised, or perhaps a physical disorder or dysfunction. Personal suffering has many labels. And it really feels good to peel those labels off. 

52 Mending; Wisdom of the Oracle; Colette Baron-Reid:
From Wisdom of the Oracle deck by Colette Baron-Reid


No comments: