Tuesday, June 7, 2016

TRUSTING

It took 1 ½ years or more to create the book Church Street….Where Hope Grows. In the beginning I was hesitant to create such a book due to not being a “religious” person and secondly, that area of our city did not have the greatest reputation. Also, at the time there was another book that I wanted to work on. But the signs I received from Spirit by means of uncanny synchronicity, and straight out messages, I found myself embracing the project with great enthusiasm. And it turned out not to be a religious book, but rather a book about the lives of people. It became a great journey of personal healing and a course on empathy.

Sadly by the time the book had been completed, Sandra (my photographer) and I had gone our separate ways. Being that I am adhd, I am sure that I can come across as being unfocused or scattered, and this can be difficult for some people to work with. Losing this friendship was a huge blow for me. Of course the universal wisdom was that all things have their time and place. And in the end, I am proud to say that I had created, put together and published this book. It is one of my best achievements yet.

Strangely though, as the time came to release the book, I found myself having to search for a new place to live for me, my three teenagers, two big dogs and a cat. The chicken would have to find a new home. Obviously the stress of such a mission drowned the enthusiasm and level of energy it would take to launch and promote a book. Pushing aside my anxiety, I surrendered to Spirit. Two weeks later we found the perfect home. During the next two months I packed, unpacked, purged and reassess my life. And the new landlords took my chicken Awen to their farm.

While I was meandering in my new hood, I found myself in an old book store. As I stood and stared at the books, tears came to my eyes. I knew in that moment I was to be a Creator of Books. I saw each book upon the shelf as someone’s life, someone’s dream, and someone’s purpose. Once again, I found myself being reminded to trust in my personal journey, and to follow the whisper of Spirit.

This week I received the following text from a friend. Her loving words disintegrated any self doubt I had been carrying.

“I finished reading your book. I am absolutely amazed! Incredibly thoughtful and well written. I sincerely hope you are able to find a way to market it. I am sure people will see the value in your messages that are so nicely complemented by the quotes and artwork. This book exceeded my expectations!”
~S.



“AS THE WIND WHISPERS MY NAME, I AM REMINDED OF WHO I AM”

~Patricia

To view the book please follow this link.


No comments: