Friday, June 10, 2016



Dyslexic Writer


I’m working on creating a four part volume for the Church Street ...Where Hope Grows book. The original book itself is a soft cover and 402 pages (yes that says 402 pages, yikes). For some people that may be a bit overwhelming and maybe pricey, so I am in the process of making 4 hard cover volumes (100 pages each) that will be individually sold (nice collectors item). So as I was looking for one particular photo (which I still cannot find) I came across a picture of the original book while it was in the process of being edited. It makes me laugh and sigh all at the same time. Because I am adhd/Dyslexia, I seem to make a lot of grammatical and spelling errors. Having an actual editor really showed me the common error patterns that I make. So I like to think that I healed a bit as a dyslexic writer. I now watch for those repetitive errors.

And that is pretty much what I would like to extend to any of you out there that is adhd/dyslexic….it is a condition, not a life sentence. Learn to work with what you have and then some. You will discover how brilliant you really are!


(I should have counted how many sticky notes were in it. LOL)


No comments: