Thursday, December 8, 2016

Christmas At Bob's

When my friend asked me if I had ever seen Christmas at Bob's, I assured her I had not. Since we were already in the area, we decided to go have a look. I had no idea what to expect. A few cool lights perhaps at best. But when we pulled up, I was thrilled to see this was something that needed to be explored and not merely driven bye.
Christmas at Bob's house is a real Edmonton gem. I'm really not sure if Bob's place is a hidden gem or not due to the glow of light that it gives off, but it is truly worth going out of the way to see. It was clear that the owner of this house, which I presume to be named Bob, really puts his heart into this display. After walking around the house, I began to realize that this person, or family, is really offering a gift to the community and those who come seeking its beauty. As I took photos around the yard, I stopped for a moment and really stared at the word Believe. Believe. This one word among a world of images and lights engaged with my heart. And for a beautiful moment, I was once again a little girl filled with hope and could feel my eyes dance with each flicker and blink of a light. I could feel the magic of one man's dream to bring a smile to the faces of strangers. What a lovely gift. 











For those who would like to check out the videos and Bob's website please go here: Christmas at Bob's   #Christmasatbobs  


No comments: